Workplace Mediation in Devon
A more effective way to resolve conflict
Conflict in the workplace is more common than you might think. As a business, its important to address any issues prior to them becoming large-scale problems and before you become embroiled in a long and drawn out, costly and very public court process – working with an accredited mediator is an effective way to achieve this.
Workplace or civil mediation involves the introduction of an impartial third-party, who focus on restoring harmony in your business, without judgement or bias. A good workplace mediator will talk to all parties involved, asking questions to identify the underlying issues, then encourage employees to take an active role in achieving resolution. It’s not about going over old ground and establishing blame it’s about moving forward, and establishing a plan of action that works for everyone involved.
Accredited Workplace Mediator – Our Services
As CPD accredited mediators, we’ll work with you to:
- Establish the right venue. There may be times (particularly when civil mediation is required), when a meeting in the office isn’t appropriate. We’ll identify a suitable, neutral location to conduct the mediation, ensuring all involved parties feel comfortable enough in their surroundings to proceed.
- Identify underlying problems. Sometimes, it’s appropriate for the mediation to take place as a group – with all involved parties present. However, in most cases, we’ll speak to both sides separately in private meetings, in strict confidence, to get to the heart of the matter as swiftly and productively as possible.
- Suggested solutions. As an independent third-party, we’ll facilitate the mediation process and help to clarify the issues. We will assist and guide you into finding a suitable outcome, solution or resolution and may put forward a range of suggestions working with both parties and together, will look at identifying the best ways to resolve the situation. You are under no obligation to adopt our suggested solutions – our mediation services in the South-West are to help guide the parties through the process and towards an outcome that both parties are happy to agree upon.
Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator – Our Services
How Mediation in Devon can help with a range of disputes
Court cases can be costly, stressful, long-winded not to mention public and there is no guaranteed outcome. It’s far better to address conflict before it escalates, in a confidential setting, which is where a professional accredited mediator can assist.
It’s a good solution for issues arising in:
- Contract disputes
- Conflict between staff / management
- Staff complaints
- Accidents in the workplace
- Financial disputes
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Wills and Inheritance disputes between families
- Property disputes
- Construction disputes
- Sales of goods disputes
To find out more about our accredited workplace / civil mediation services, call today on 01803 861086.