Outsource your HR and Employment Law – receive our expert advice and support as and when you need it.
We offer HR advice and support as a part of our employment law services and you can choose either a retained service with Harris Law Lite or Harris Law Complete or, if you prefer, we can work with you on an ad hoc basis with Harris Law Express or a one off payment – no contract service with Harris Law Start Up:-
Our HR and employment law services are delivered by qualified and experienced employment lawyers and HR professionals. This means that your business will have the benefit and expertise of your own Harris Law Lawyer and an experienced HR Consultant working with and in your business.
This can even include software to help you:
- Centralise your employee information and documents securely
- Manage holiday bookings and sickness on one easy to use system
- Upload your HR documents and keep records of every meeting
- Reduce time spent on administration
- And more…
What makes for Effective HR?
Firstly, look at your business, what are your objectives? Only then can you look at what staff you need to help you to meet those objectives. Think about individual roles and the culture of your business before you look at recruitment. Once you have recruited look at the pathways towards individual learning and development so that the employees you recruit can achieve their personal goals.
Employees should be motivated, valued and listened to and in order to achieve this you need to have structures in place. Performance management systems work and once these are in place you will see for yourself that your staff will become more engaged in your business. If they are engaged they will go that extra mile and will undoubtedly add value to your business.
Having robust contracts policies and procedures are crucial in any business as their presence means that everyone knows where they stand and you can feel safe in the knowledge that your business is legally compliant. Our staff handbooks include mission statements as well as business and departmental objectives as this is crucial to business success. We work with you to draft bespoke policies and procedures that fit with your business ethics and culture.
Employment Law doesn’t have to be complicated …
…but the regular changes in legislation can make it hard for you as a business to keep up with your responsibilities. This can mean that as a business owner, it can be difficult to know what you should be doing in order to make sure your company is protected against any legal action. We can take that worry away from you and deal with any complicated legislative changes for you. As qualified lawyers and HR professionals we can quickly spot and put right any gaps in your procedures which could ultimately cost your business and we can be on hand to put systems in place to protect your business all year round.
Examples of how we can help ….
- Contracts – It is essential you have robust contracts, policies and procedures in place if you want to ensure that any employment issues are dealt with effectively and in a legally compliant way. Plus, if you don’t have the right contracts and procedures in place, you could actually be breaking the law – with very costly consequences.
- Disciplinary and dismissal – As employers you have legal obligations to those who you employ. Those obligations include, for example, following policies and procedures before you discipline or dismiss a member of staff.
- Discrimination in the Workplace – Other common areas where businesses fail in their employment law obligations is discrimination in the workplace. The Equality Act 2010 was put in place to ensure all employees are treated fairly at all stages of the employment process, including interview, appointment, performance appraisal, promotion, contract length and, of course, dismissal or redundancy.
As a business you need to make sure you steer clear of all claims. You need systems in place and you need to ensure that these systems are adhered to.
How Harris Law can help
Getting assistance from specialist employment lawyers and HR professionals will greatly increase your chances of remaining protected against employee claims. Our unique knowledge can help us to advise you on how to create procedures that comply with the law, and how to implement these effectively into your business. We can also highlight any areas where your business is at risk with our free compliance MOT.
You might not know what needs fixing but we do. Let us help you with ….
- Compliance MOTs
- Contracts and Apprenticeships
- Policies and Procedures
- Disciplinary and Dismissals
- Grievances and Disputes
- Change Management
- Management and Staff training
- Settlement Agreements
Protect your business by calling us on 07532 231061 or contact us HERE for more information